Saturday, November 2, 2013

BUTTER PECAN COOKIES...YUUUUMMMM

WHOA!  It's been two years...count 'em two.years. since I last posted (what a slacker, eh?). 

A couple of weeks ago, I got in the baking mood and decided to make ginger snaps (using Mom's recipe that Shoe posted:  Mom's Ginger Snaps ) and Tollhouse Chocolate chip cookies (I added pecans).  The snack master that I live with loved the Ginger Snaps but asked me to make some chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips.  What?!?! He wanted them with just pecans.  To the internet I go to find a pecan cookie recipe.  This is the one I tried and are they ever yummy!  I doubled the recipe because...hey...who wants to make only a dozen cookies (see # 3)?

BUTTER PECAN COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 chopped toasted pecans (see # 1.)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp.
1/3 cup sugar with more for coating
1 teaspoon vanilla (that you made yourself)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  On a baking sheet, toast pecans until fragrant, about 6 minutes.  Let cool completely and chop.

2.  Using your handy dandy KitchenAid mixer, cream the butter (the recipe says electric mixer for a minute so adjust w/KA).  Add the sugar and cream until light, about a minute more.  Beat in the vanilla (I use more vanilla than called for because I LOVE! vanilla), salt and flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until the dough comes together.  Fold in pecans. I mixed the pecans in with the KA and it worked just fine.

3.  Separate the dough into 12 pieces, roll into balls, roll in sugar and place 3 inches apart on a baking sheet.

4.  Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass (after the first one, dip the glass in the sugar so the cookies come away from the glass).

5.  Bake until golden brown about 15 minutes.  Cool cookies on a wire rack.

Sit back, grab yourself a cup of your favorite hot brew or a glass of milk and enjoy!


Here's the recipe link. I want to give proper credit to the cook:

Butter Pecan Cookies
 

3 comments:

Shoe said...

Yum! Gotta try them!

Chuckbert said...

Mmmmmm! Cookies!

Too bad I don't have the restraint to have cookies nearby without finishing them off.

RetroMag said...

They look so yummy! I might even have to reverse my swearing-off
cooking and try my luck.