Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mmmmmm...Potato Bread

I have been remiss about blogging, so look for a couple of additional posts after this.

I sent the recipe out, and decided it has been too long since I made potato bread. The recipe is actually for rolls, but I made a loaf. I put in more yeast than the recipe calls for because I like a nice yeasty flavor. It really rose up in the oven, a little uneven, but my stomach doesn't care!





I also made rolls, but they got a little too brown. They taste good, too!

6 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Mmmmmmm...potato bread! I made a batch of crack and cheese today and had potato bread crumbs on top. But not homemade. I want some homemade potato bread like yours.

Hey, I've got the recipe!

Shoe said...

Beautiful! I wondered about the one package of yeast for 6-7 cups of flour. I think I'll half the recipe but keep the one-loaf amount of yeast. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Word verif: zingers

Shoe said...

By the way, can you post the recipe for those butter biscuits you made one time at Mom's? It is the one where you melt a bunch o' butter in the bottom of the baking pan and then put the bicuit dough on top. Remember?

BobbieS53 said...

Whoa! You must have ESPN! The other day, I was looking through recipes trying to find one for Italian Cream Cake and I came across that recipe. I'll put it here later. Thanks for reminding me...

Word verif: bingne

P-Doobie said...

I didn't get the recipe. How am I supposed to make potato bread without your recipe?

RetroMag said...

That loaf looks so-o-o delicious!I don't recall having jthe recipe either. Would it work in a bread machine?